▪ NLMK DanSteel A/S is Denmark's only steel rolling mill with a production capacity of more than 500,000 tonnes of steel plates annually.
▪ NLMK DanSteel A/S receives mother-slabs (raw material for rolling plates) that weigh up to 60 tonnes each directly from Russia. To begin with, they undergo flame grooving in order to remove any cracks. After that, mother-slabs are cut into baby-slabs (smaller slabs), which subsequently are heated up to 1,150-1,200°C.
▪ After warming up the baby-slabs go on a roller conveyor and in the rolling stand where they are rolled into plates with certain dimensions (thickness, length and width) in accordance with the order from a customer.
▪ Some of the plates go through other additional processes, such as normalization, where the plates are warmed up to 900°C.
▪ In the shear line the plates are cut to final dimensions. After that, some plates are cut to shape or undergo finishing.
▪ Steel plates are produced only to order.